Changes in nbconvert¶
- new: configurable ExecutePreprocessor.startup_timeout configurable #583
- new: RemoveCell preprocessor based on cell content (defaults to empty cell) #575
- new: function for executing notebooks: executenb #573
- new: global filtering to remove inputs, outputs, markdown cells (&c.), this works on all templates #554
- new: script exporter entrypoint #531
- new: configurable anchor link text (previously ¶) HTMLExporter.anchor_link_text #522
- new: configurable values for slides exporter #542 #558
- improved releases (how-to documentation, version-number generation and checking) #593
- doc improvements #593 #580 #565 #554
- language information from cell magics (for highlighting) is now included in more formats #586
- mathjax upgrades and cdn fixes #584 #567
- better CI #571 #540
- better traceback behaviour when execution errs #521
- deprecated nose test features removed #519
- bug fixed: we now respect width and height metadata on jpeg and png mimetype outputs #588
- bug fixed: now we respect the resolve_references filter in report.tplx #577
- bug fixed: output metadata now is removed by ClearOutputPreprocessor #569
- bug fixed: display id respected in execute preproessor #563
- bug fixed: dynamic defaults for optional jupyter_client import #559
- bug fixed: don’t self-close non-void HTML tags #548
- buf fixed: upgrade jupyter_client dependency to 4.2 #539
- bug fixed: LaTeX output through md→LaTeX conversion shouldn’t be touched #535
- bug fixed: now we escape < inside math formulas when converting to html #514
- improved CSS (specifically tables, in line with notebook) #498
- improve in-memory templates handling #491
- test improvements #516 #509 #505
- new configuration option: IOPub timeout #513
- doc improvements #489 #500 #493 #506
- newly customizable: output prompt #500
- more python2/3 compatibile unicode handling #502
- Use xelatex by default for latex export, improving unicode and font support.
- Use entrypoints internally to access Exporters, allowing for packages to declare custom exporters more easily.
- New ASCIIDoc Exporter.
- New preprocessor for sanitised html output.
- New general
convert_pandocfilter to reduce the need to hard-code lists of filters in templates.
- Use pytest, nose dependency to be removed.
- Refactored Exporter code to avoid ambiguity and cyclic dependencies.
- Update to traitlets 4.2 API.
- Fixes for Unicode errors when showing execution errors on Python 2.
- Default math font matches default Palatino body text font.
- General documentation improvements. For example, testing, installation, custom exporters.
- Improved link handling for LaTeX output
- Refactored the automatic id generation.
- New kernel_manager_class configuration option for allowing systems to be set up to resolve kernels in different ways.
- Kernel errors now will be logged for debugging purposes when executing notebooks.
- Custom Exporters can be provided by external packages, and registered with nbconvert via setuptools entrypoints.
- allow nbconvert reading from stdin with
--stdinoption (write into
- Various ANSI-escape fixes and improvements
- Various LaTeX/PDF export fixes
- Various fixes and improvements for executing notebooks with
- setuptools fixes for entrypoints on Windows
- various fixes for exporters, including slides, latex, and PDF
- fixes for exceptions met during execution
- include markdown outputs in markdown/html exports