Changes in nbconvert¶
- Use xelatex by default for latex export, improving unicode and font support.
- Use entrypoints internally to access Exporters, allowing for packages to declare custom exporters more easily.
- New ASCIIDoc Exporter.
- New preprocessor for sanitised html output.
- New general
convert_pandocfilter to reduce the need to hard-code lists of filters in templates.
- Use pytest, nose dependency to be removed.
- Refactored Exporter code to avoid ambiguity and cyclic dependencies.
- Update to traitlets 4.2 API.
- Fixes for Unicode errors when showing execution errors on Python 2.
- Default math font matches default Palatino body text font.
- General documentation improvements. For example, testing, installation, custom exporters.
- Improved link handling for LaTeX output
- Refactored the automatic id generation.
- New kernel_manager_class configuration option for allowing systems to be set up to resolve kernels in different ways.
- Kernel errors now will be logged for debugging purposes when executing notebooks.
- Custom Exporters can be provided by external packages, and registered with nbconvert via setuptools entrypoints.
- allow nbconvert reading from stdin with
--stdinoption (write into
- Various ANSI-escape fixes and improvements
- Various LaTeX/PDF export fixes
- Various fixes and improvements for executing notebooks with
- setuptools fixes for entrypoints on Windows
- various fixes for exporters, including slides, latex, and PDF
- fixes for exceptions met during execution
- include markdown outputs in markdown/html exports